Monday, August 27, 2007

School's In!


So, today was the first day of school. Maia and Mason were both very excited to get back to school and see their friends. We have heard great things about both of their teachers so I think we're in for a good year.


To be honest, I was a little worried that Maia wouldn't let me put in her characteristic hair bows for her first day of fourth grade but she didn't bat an eye. Is it so wrong that I love it that my oldest child is still just an innocent little girl?

She came home super-thrilled that she had Media on the first day and that there was a new sequel to one of her favorite books in the library. She's had her nose in it all night. That's my girl!

Mason ran halfway to the school. He was just so excited! He loved walking with the whole family. Daddy went to work late to make the traditional trek with us.

Mason came home happily reporting that for the first time in his three years of school, he does NOT eat lunch at ten thirty in the morning!


These faux pupils would not leave the house until they, too, were wearing backpacks. They also insisted on getting their pictures taken with pieces of paper, just like they'd seen Maia and Buddy do.


10 comments:

Christie said...

Too cute.. And her bows look pretty, and she IS still little. (right??? uhh, kind of scary!) Can't believe these girls are in grade 4.

Jenni said...

Sounds like a fun morning!! Maia looked adorable with the bows!! Love all the pictures and so glad Mason doesn't have to have 10:30 lunch anymore - what a crazy lunch time!! :)

Jeri said...

Great post! I love the holding the piece of paper idea....no need to write on the back of the photo!

Maia looks pretty in her bows. Encourage the "little girl" stuff for as long as you can! =)

I love your tiny girls! LOL! That picture is one for the books.

Cami said...

How cute!! I love how they had to have papers too. That's awesome.

Lynette said...

You're kids are soo cute! I'm so glad they had a great first day of school!

Tracy said...

So cute. Would you come to my house and put bows and matching outfits on my girls too?

the design boss said...

What a cute family you have! It's so funny to me how it effects the little ones, almost as much as the big ones! I'm glad it went so well. I also think it is wonderful that your oldest can still be innocent! I hope my is as well. Precious times!

Amber said...

What a great idea to have them hold up papers to show what grade! I will be using that idea for sure. They all look so cute.

Corinne said...

Great pictures Mendy. Xavey and Preston had to take their backpacks along too - aren't big siblings SO COOL??

Jann said...

This is so great. What a fun tradition to walk together to school as a family. I really like that.

Quotation of the Month

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

-Jill Churchill