My childhood friend, Rachel (not to be confused with Rachel), tagged me to do a list of fifty things about me. You probably know some, most or all of these, but here goes:
1. I am Christian and attend church every Sunday.
2. I am from rural, southern Pennsylvania.
3. I love sweet bologna.
4. Growing up, I wouldn't eat potatoes, pasta, rice or cheese.
5. I still don't eat rice. Gag, vomit, gag. Can't do it.
6. I don't color my hair.
7. I am scared of jellyfish.
8. I love chicken Caesar salad.
9. I lived in a Chicago suburb for 11 months.
10. In sixth grade, a boy in my class, who was always drawing pictures of naked women, offered to draw a picture of me. I told him to go ahead and draw it--from the shoulders up. I still crack myself up with that one!
11. I threw up in etiquette class in sixth grade.
12. I fainted in health class in eleventh grade--during the birthing film.
13. I am freakishly strong.
14. I am teaching Maia how to sew; our current project is pajama pants.
15. In high school, my best friend and I drew funny sketches of our teachers.
16. I was too shy to try out for Vocal Ensemble until my senior year of high school.
17. In college, I hated to go to bed before any of my roommates.
18. I only applied to one college (good thing I got in)!
19. I have rafted down the Snake River (remember that Youth Conference, Rachel?)
20. I really loved my folklore classes in college.
21. I have ridden a barge across the Danube.
22. I love to bake.
23. There may have been a time when M-80's purchased in Tiajuana were hidden in my underwear drawer in college. But you can't prove anything.
24. I used to speak Romanian quite well. (Sadly, that time has passed and I now struggle to make choppy conversation, if given the chance.)
25. I am the only one of my parents' children who needed both braces and glasses.
26. I also needed professional intervention with terrible acne. But let's not dwell on unpleasantness.
27. I had a farm in Africa. Just kidding. Just making sure you're still with me. Seriously, I had a Christmas tree in Romania; it was quite a beauty.
28. I see my best friend from college every year even though she lives in CA. She's one fun girl, let me tell you.
29. I gave birth to my first child when I had been married for nine months and one day.
30. My favorite lipstick is MAC Sheer Plum. And I'm out right now.
31. Fall is my favorite season. I adore the beautiful trees and the cool, crisp air.
32. I miss my friend, Stacey, who was a great friend to work with--painting, cleaning, or whatever; we could chat and work together all day or night.
33. In third grade, I was cast as Paul Bunyan's mom in our class play.
34. In twelfth grade, I was cast as a murderer in our school play.
35. I love going on field trips with my kids.
36. I have recently discovered the joys of books on tape. It's great to listen to a good book while I take a walk or clean.
37. I love to read to my kids and do it everyday.
38. I truly don't mind cleaning bathrooms.
39. I have 3 sisters, 4 brothers, 9 sisters-in-law, and 9 brothers-in-law.
40. I have 9 nieces and 15 nephews...and counting.
41. The last movie I saw in the theater was High School Musical 3. (very enjoyable)
42. The last movie I saw at home was Run, Fat Boy, Run. (very funny)
43. I dream of being Mary Poppins for Halloween.
44. I enjoy doing my girls' hair.
45. I change and wash all the sheets in my house every Monday.
46. I like to tell stories--maybe that's why I like to blog.
47. I cry really easily.
48. I laugh easily, too.
49. I am living my dream of being a full-time homemaker and stay-at-home mother.
50. I have a great life!