Friday, November 5, 2010

Good Motherin'

I recognize the horrific state of the increase in childhood obesity in this country.

So, I do my part: I serve my children veggies everyday. My kids always have a fruit and/or veggie in their lunch boxes, but they only sometimes have treats. I buy whole wheat bread and skim milk. I use ground turkey in all my recipes that say, "ground beef."

And I dumped all my kids' Halloween candy into one big stash and placed it high up in a corner shelf of the pantry--where I can freely dig through, pick at and feast from it all day long while my little angels are at school.

I mean, that's just good motherin'.

4 comments:

Amber Mc said...

Seriously, we were separated at birth?

whitney allison said...

Lucky. All I've got left are tootsie rolls and skittles. I need a Kit Kat stat!

Wendy said...

Of course, cookie dough is its own food group at your house and doesn't count as a sometimes treat, right?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that why we become mothers?

Esther

Quotation of the Month

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

-Jill Churchill