Friday, March 7, 2008

In Six Words

Okay, I've been stressing about this six word memoir tag thing for way too long. That's my nature. How do I find six words to define my life right now? It's hard. I think that since both Tracy and Corinne tagged me I should be allowed to use twelve words, but I think that might not go over big in the blog-o-sphere. Anyway, just six words...here goes...

Incessantly tidying, increasingly exhausted, but content.

I kept thinking of all these gerunds like "scrubbing," "teaching," and "juggling" but since I am in the throws of spring cleaning in my house right now, I went with tidying.
Frankly, I feel like I am always doing that even when I am not in spring cleaning mode. I always say that when I die someone will say, "She was always cleaning her house." And someone else will respond, "Oh, was her house very clean, then?" to which the first person will reply, "Oh, no....but she was always cleaning it."

To know me is to know that I am always tired. When my flex account starts over this spring, I just might go in for a sleep study. I swear I have sleep apnea. I have a dream of not feeling tire all the time...

Yet even with all the cleaning and the chronic tiredness, I am very content with my existence. I have a fabulous little family, great extended family on both sides and fun friends. Who needs cleanliness and sleep?

I tag Quita (since she still hasn't done the last thing I tagged her for), Amber, Wendy, Sally and Jenni.

10 comments:

Christie said...

Have you ever had your thyroid checked? That could be the reason. and your house is too clean. At least when ever I come over.

Jessica said...

I sympathize with the cleaning. Whenever I do a big, total house clean I get frustrated because as soon as I'm finished, I know I have to do it all over again since it won't stay clean for long!! You should take vitamins for your fatigue.

Tracy said...

My dad has that fancy sleep apnea machine and loves it. He said it changed his life now that he can sleep at night. So go get yourself one! Thank you for FINALLY doing your memoir. Sorry it stressed you out. No, you can't have 12 words, silly girl. Just get a maid, sleeping machine, and it can change to "Clean house, well rested and content!"

whitney allison said...

um, our dad also has that "fancy" sleep apnea machine. I think it's interesting that you use the word "fancy" because I would have gone with scary. Are your children afraid of their Darth Vadar like grandma??

Cami said...

Oh, I hope we don't really need sleep and cleanliness. Those are two of my most illusive desires!

Jenni said...

That was great!! I hear ya on the tired and tidying part!! Tho your house is very clean Mendy!! Thanks for the tag - I will start contemplating!:)

Deb said...

good choice of words. i always feel like i'm cleaning too and it seems to make NO difference as to the way my house looks. yours always looks clutter-free at least!

whitney allison said...

oops, i meant grandpa PA! or as Mackenna would say, the boy Grandma.

supersonicjan said...

ha. I love it. Especially that part about how someone will say you were always cleaning your house but it wasn't particularly clean. Cracks me up!

Corinne said...

I, like Tracy, am glad to see you finally finish up. Well done. I feel your pain, but really friend: your house is great. I don't even ever THINK the words spring cleaning, so you're doing just fine :)

Quotation of the Month

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

-Jill Churchill