Friday, March 21, 2008

Flashback Friday!


How fun is this little flashback gem? This is a photo of the four eldest kids in my family: my sisters Amy and Amber, my brother Joel, and me! I chose this photo today because this was us on Easter in all our finery.

I'm not entirely sure what I am doing in the photo. Was I eating a ribbon off my dress or just feeling a little shy? Who knows. Even though you can't actually see my darling chubbier-than-Jabba visage I still love this photo. When you look at Joel's suit, how could you not?

This photo was taken in my grandparents' front yard. Ah, the Easters we spent hunting eggs and all sorts of treasures in that landscape. It was always magical how, after dinner, we kids had to stay in the basement and play and when we were finally allowed back up...the Easter Bunny had come! The sheer joy!

Look up the hill from Amber's left shoulder at the giant tree. It's a chestnut tree. It's quite humongous now and just this past winter my dad gave me some yummy nuts from it. I think of that tree and that yard with a heart full of love as I remember the idyllic parts of my childhood that grew there between the hills and bushes.

Happy Easter to you, dear friend and devoted reader.

10 comments:

Cami said...

That is AWESOME! Great picture and fun flashback.

Christie said...

Oh the memories. How wonderful to have these pictures. I wish I had my childhood pictures. Thanks for the little trip down memory lane that you inspired in me tonight.

Deb said...

very cute. and i made note of the matching dresses....

when are you going to do a post about your adorable new haircut? short and sassy! i love it!

Meg said...

That's a fun flashback :)
I added you to my links on my blog, I hope you don't mind. I do enjoy reading your blog.

whitney allison said...

Oh that yard certainly is heavenly. I thought of it a lot yesterday as I hid eggs for Courtney, Aubree and Easton at my house. Much smaller landscape.

Sechrist Family said...

Yeah well, Whitney....I cried over it, when I hid eggs for my boys IN MY HOUSE....because there is no yard to speak of. Thats right....Happy Easter :)

Jenni said...

What a cute picture!! Your childhood Easters sound so wonderful!! Fun flashback!

Kellie said...

Happy Easter to you! BTW, I love your hair-I saw it in the photos on Corinney's blog.

Tracy said...

Love the picture. You are so cute in your Easter dress.

Amber said...

I look at this picture as proof that at one point I was a natural blonde.

Quotation of the Month

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

-Jill Churchill