Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mason is 14



My boy, Mason, is 14 years old today! He is such a fun kid. He is known as the Pied Piper of our court because all the little boys worship him and follow him around all the time. He is 3x their height, but they love to play with him and he enjoys climbing trees, wrestling and playing games with them. 

Mason is a voracious reader. He has read hundreds of books. He likes a variety of genres, but fantasy is his favorite. We like to tease him that if there's a dragon on the cover of the book, he'll love it!

I sat down with him to preserve a little of his stage of life right now.

What grade are you in? 8th
What is your favorite part about 8th grade? I met new friends in this grade like Shahwase and Jacob.
What do you like to do for fun? I like to play video games and I like to play with the neighbor kids outside or inside. And I like to read.
For the record, which is your favorite video game? Minecraft. (DUH!) What have been your favorite books you've read in the past year? The Wheel of Time series. It was so awesome!
You're a Boy Scout, correct? Tell me about that. I am working on getting my Eagle. I like that in Scouts you get to learn about a bunch of different stuff--from first aid to computers to robotics to video games.
What do you want to be when you grow up? I don't know. I don't even like anything!
You're 14 now. What do you think you'll be doing in 5 years? I will be on a mission, hopefully in Italy.
Does this have to do with lasagna being your favorite food? Uh. . . partly.
Speaking of food, we know you love lasagna, but if you could eat 3 foods all day, which would they be? Steak, ice cream, and potatoes.
And if your mother were there making sure something green passes your lips, what would that green thing be?
I would pick . . . probably, like . . . green lollipops?
Seriously.
Okay, asparagus.
And if you had to pick your 4 favorite girls in all the world, who would they be?
Maia, Marlee, Mackenna, and Mommy!
Well done, Son. You passed.




No comments:

Quotation of the Month

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

-Jill Churchill