Friday, January 27, 2012

The Master of This Saint

Hey, remember when I was a blogger? Those were some good times, weren't they?

I miss those heady times. Truly, I do.

Remember when my husband was ridiculously busy getting his master's degree while working full-time and serving in the bishopric of our church? I'll tell you a little secret: that was not the best or easiest time of my life.

Well, those days are long gone, devoted reader!

My Michael done grad-gee-ate-ed in September
. The University of Virginia had a special night to commemorate the occasion. They held the event at a really cool place in Virginia called The Airlie Center. Seriously, look at this place! Here's my Jorge taking photos in the garden:


We used the graduation dinner as an excuse to dump our kids at my friend Lisa's house overnight. (It was only her birthday and I had her watch my kids overnight. Don't you wished you lived near me so I could take advantage of your kindness, too?)

While Lisa was celebrating her big day with a house full of extra kidgets, my Michael and I were dressing up, eating yummy food, laughing, and touring the grounds of the gorgeous venue. Oh, and we were getting diplomas!


I received a commendation elevating me to the status of "Saint" for putting up with my husband being in the program.

My Michael received a diploma pronouncing that he'd earned a Master's of Science in the Management of Information Technology.



Mine's better. I mean, who wouldn't rather be a saint than a master? (Just kidding.)

At any rate, we are thrilled that Jorge's long-time goal of an advanced degree has been fulfilled.

Now, about my dream of going to Santorini. . .

7 comments:

Corinne said...

Um, I remember when you were a blogger. That was awesome and congrats to you and your man :)

Jennifer Lovell said...

What a joyous occasion. In fact, I can't think of any other accomplishment that is as happy to celebrate than finishing a college degree, except maybe finishing a mission, or finishing a pregnancy :), ha ha. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you on your new titles!

Deb said...

maybe jedi master might be better than saint...... but seriously, i'm so, so glad you're all done with this phase of your lives! until he decides to do a ph.d.? joking!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Michael!!!!!

Sister Kourtney Doty

Anonymous said...

and to you! :)

Kourtney Doty

Life In a Blended Family said...

You two are soooo cute! I love when you post pictures of the two of you!!! Congrats to you both!

nicole said...

congrats! to both of you ---and I'm totally with you sister! John wasn't in the bishopric but EQP during residency comes darn near.

Quotation of the Month

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

-Jill Churchill